Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sabres trash Habs, 5-1

In one beauty of a game, featuring the departure of Ales Kotalik and the return of both Thomas Vanek and Max Afinogenov, our Sabres trounced the Canadiens by a final score of 5-1. Both Roy and Goose scored twice (Goose with a PP goal AND shorthanded goal), and Spacek used a move on a defenseman I don't think any of us thought he had in him. This win moves the Sabres to within one point of being back in the playoffs, but (almost as importantly) improved their record in the third jersey to 9-2. Congrats, boys - keep doing that logo proud

2 comments:

carpandean said...

Hey, 1-0-0 with Tellqvist as backup!

Was playing a game myself during this one (we lost ... badly; I was a -3), but I saw the score. Watching it now (I taped it, because I'm smart like that.) Great job boys!

Drew Celestino said...

Great job Sabres! And man, the record in the thirds is killer!

Side note regarding Tellqvist: does anyone else get uncomfortable seeing any new Sabres wearing 32? To me, only Ray can claim that on.